Saturday, June 24, 2017

Stash Acquistion Saturday

So this weekend, I am taking part in the I91ShopHop...it is eleven shops along the I91 corridor throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont. I have actually been to all the shops, except Green Mountain Spinnery in Vermont. So on Thursday I headed out and did all the northern yarn shops....on Friday, I popped over to the most eastern shop...and on Sunday, I'll do all the southern ones with my KBFF, Maureen, each shop has to give you a free pattern and some gave out little gifts.......I only took a few pictures of the shops...but here goes...

First up was Marji's Yarncrafts in Granby, CT....I had been here years ago and I will definitely go back..she had great displays and some yummy yarn....

A wall of Kiogu!
I picked up her kit for her pattern of mitts, it's Kiogu yarn, a skein of MadTosh Electric Rainbow, a skein of Nice and Knit, no name, some buttons, a needles minder and some DPNs....

Next up WEBS....well, nothing to say there...I almost picked up this mug, but I really don't need another mug...
I ended up with some more Madelinetosh...to match my hair...ETA: It's Malabrigo
I also needed some needles and decided that I needed a pair of the chartreuse ones too.....

Next shop was Northampton Wools, I didn't take any pictures inside....but I bought some cool Wonderland Yarn, along with a ZenYarnGarden Art series inspired by a Kandinsky painting.
Then was Sheep and Shawl in S. Deerfield, Mass....I didn't buy any yarn, but a book and two Pompom magazines..
Can't wait to dive into this...

Then onto Vermont...the first was Handknits in Brattleboro...I had been there before....it has a ton of Wonderland Yarns, as the dyer is a local...but I bought a kit by a new dyer...
I have a hard time wearing mismatching things, but I'm going to try.....

Onto Green Mountain Spinnery...again, no pictures.  They only carry their yarn...but it's nice and "crunchy" yarn...I bought their kit and a couple skeins to do some possible colorwork...mitts or a hat...

On Friday, I was able to pop over to Village Wool in Glastonbury, CT. I was here only a few weeks ago, so I had a hard time choosing something. I finally settled on a skein of La Jolla Baah yarn in Blueberry Lemonade and a Namaste wrist bag...
I love Namaste.  I wish they were still in business.  It is a vegan leather, so tends to be a little thinner and wears out...but I love their bags....I own 5 or 6 of them. I also own one of their portfolios that I use for my DPN storage.....the bag was 50% off and their prize was for a Namaste bag stuffed with things...that's the only prize I would like to win....

When I got home, I had my PeggyJane Fibers order waiting for my, along with my OtterlyAdorable Toats Magoats prject bag..

So I have four shops to visit on Sunday, so expect another Stash Acquisition Saturday next week...Today I have a birthday party (maybe) and a pig roast to attend....

Throwing up the link, if anyone else has new stash to share.....






1 comment:

Paula said...

What a great bunch of enhancements! A shop with a whole wall of Koigu is definitely someplace I should not be allowed to go. I read that sheep book a couple of months ago and enjoyed it.