Monday, May 23, 2016

Rhode Island Fiber Festival and Craft Fair

On Saturday we headed to the Rhode Island Fiber and Craft Fair in Bristol, Rhode Island...I's a little over a 2 hour drive, but we enjoy Rhode Island and go often on the weekends....

The fair has grown a bit since we first went (I can't seem to find a blog post about it, but it was about 4 or 5 years ago)

It's held at Coggeshall Farm, which is a history museum....

The walk up from the parking field (it was a field with grass as high as my knee) is very pretty...I got a lesson from my resident tree man about the maple and sycamore trees...
Here he is....the tree guy...
There are a couple of buildings on the property, including this one...
The website says that "the farm recreates the daily lives of tenant farmers on a salt marsh farm."  The setting is pretty stunning...
I didn't take a lot of pictures, so here are some random ones...
My favorite sycamore
And the damage....
Some Play at Life (she has Supernatural inspired yarns), and Dirty Water Dyeworks (see that gold one? It's got yak and silk!)...two, new to me indie dyers...Molly Girl and Tails&Snouts....a bag from June Pryce and lotion from Sweet Sheep Shoppe, which is Alicia, who blogs at Woolen Divisions.  She has joined in to the link up a few times....I met her briefly at another Rhode Island event last year, but this was the first event where she was vending....I got a hug and to see the baby bump...darn, wish I'd gotten a picture....

It was good day, but it's a very long drive for only a handful of vendors, not sure I'll go again....






1 comment:

Alicia said...

It's definitely a smaller festival than others in the area. It was nice to see you! :) I love that yak/silk.