Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the Fourth!!!!!

I wasn't really aware of this day until a couple of years ago....

I was introduced to Star Wars via my Dad....My dad loved Star Wars and saw the first movie over 20 times when it first came out....I was 9.   Although we had some patchy times, we always had a love of sci-fi.  He took me to my first sci-fi convention...a Star Trek one when I was a kid....

He paid for me to fly out to Ohio, where he was living at the time, so we could go see The Phantom Menace together....


This is my last birthday card from him....it is not quite working any longer...



And I have been inspired to make several Star Wars things over the years...
an Ewok for a swap partner..
a Yoda hat for a friend's daughter
and recently for my classroom...a yoda...that I don't seem to have a picture handy...

So Star Wars has been an important part of my life....as well as a freaking good bunch of movies (not so much the prequels, don't even think I saw the last one)....but loved...The Force Awakens...

So for all of you out there....May the Fourth be with you.....and listen to Master Yoda






2 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Perhaps it's because I went to a college based in religious doctrine, but my always reaction to "May the 4th be with you" or, correctly, "may the Force be with you," is "and also with you."

::sigh::

Paula said...

It's nice to have those memories connected to something fun like Star Wars.

As a Whovian, I think of the fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, rather than Star Wars.