Sunday, March 27, 2016

Year of Projects - Week 13


Funny story...my grandmother had a heart attack one year around Easter....she woke up in the hospital surrounded by Easter lilies....she thought she had died and gone to heaven.....she hated Easter lilies after that......she is now gone and in heaven...wonder if she is surrounded by Easter lilies today????

So this is a kind of boring post, not much has changed....still working on the Irish Oak....see here's the thing...I don't knit/crochet constantly....sometimes I just THINK about it.....and well thinking about it, doesn't get much progress done...lol...anyway...I did a lot of THINKING this week and not much doing.....

so I'm pretty much where I was last week...although I am ready to start the lace border, that's 21 rows...so much closer to the end....no new pictures....but yesterday I posted a Stash update...you could go there for some pretty pictures....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter...we will be heading to the in-laws....today my SIL would have been 46...she passed suddenly last February.....my husband is their last child, as his brother passed suddenly two years prior to that.....

Completed Projects:
The Dork Socks (technically 2015) 12/31/15
Screw You Rainbows socks (1/6/16)
Quick Pink cowl (1/7/16)
Yoda (1/10/16)
Bulky Cowl (1/19/16)
Jacinta Capelet (2/28/16)

Works In Progress:    
WIPS: Crochet:
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
Tis the Season (11/10/13)
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14)


 Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done
Light in Shadows (1/14/14) 
Turtleneck Capelet #2 (8/12/14)  
Willow Fields (9/6/14)  
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)
Vanilla fingerless mitts (12/25/15)
Zombie Vixen mitts (10/17/15)
Stopover KAL (2/7/16)
My Shelly Valentine (2/10/16)
Irish Oak (3/5/16)

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013)
Carlos and Arne socks (July 3 2015)
Espalier Socks (Jan 10, 2016)
Glenn Lives (2/1/16)
 
Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
 
Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in 


 KAL/CALs:
Fire and Blood (5/4/14)  
Outlander MKAL (8/8/14) 
 
Downton Abbey (1/4/15)

Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt 

Projects In Mind: Gifts/Charity: 
Hats for friend's babies (ongoing)
 

Hats for students (ongoing)
Kimberly Skye's tunic
Two Elsa doll/blanket things

Sweaters:
Test Pattern Sweater (in magazine)
Car Coat (in magazine)
Cowl Vest
 
Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
West End Scarf  
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
Fraxinus 
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette
Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
Bedford Springs
Shawl  

Brush Creek Cowlette    
Watershed    
Waterkant  
The Brownstitch gradient  
Leftie   
Bigger on the Inside 
Oeste    
Out of Gas    
Sweet Potato Twist    
Nefertem    
Falling Bobbins   
Danielle Shawl    
The Doodler
 
Hats and Mitts
 

Lace Kelly (soakbox)  
Isabeau Mitts 
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat 
 
 

Transitional Color Mitts   
Almond Comfit   
Lady Violet's Dinner Gauntlets    
Wurm    
Autumn in Garrison 
Baa-ble Hat
 

 Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks
Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks
 

Wizard of Oz socks
Black Widow's Socks
August Pocus
Waterkant 
Watermelon 
Monkey
Dalekamium 
Knit From Stash patterns
Dr. Who socks

Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Thinking time is just as good I think, lots of things behind the scenes happen in thinking time, lots and lots of lovely new stash aquisitions yayy!

Babajeza said...

I find the fragrance of lilies too much. They smell like hospital. I don't think there are lilies in heaven. So your grandmother is safe. I wish her peace. Happy Easter! Whatever you do. Regula

Lucy Bowen said...

I hope you have a lovely Easter. I'm sure your grandmother is surrounded by lilies :-) And thinking about it most definitely counts!

Becki said...

Interesting story about your grandmother and Easter Lilies. I think they're pretty, but they strike me as looking kind of funeral-ly. I visited your stash post and My! you have some beautiful yarns there. Thinking about what to knit and crochet is important, so I definitely count it as part of the process. Sometimes I need ideas to brew or simmer before I know for sure what I want to do, or how I want to proceed, or before my crochet mojo kicks in. ;^)