Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Reading Challenges


I did not read in 2015 as much as I had in past years...I hope to change that this year...I will update my Goodreads and I challenged myself to read 30 books this year.  I will not include children's books that I read to my class, unless it's a new to me book.

I am also joining the ModernMrsDarcy's challenge this year...


I think I may do my updates on Mondays....

My first book is The Man in the High Castle  I was intrigued by the commercials for the tv series.  I don't have Amazon Prime, so I've not watched it.  It is a science fiction/alternate reality book, first published in 1962. So it was published before I was born.

At the same time, I'm going to be reading The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's  Schools which is a non-fiction about Mark Zuckerberg and the $100 million dollars he donated to reform Newark NJ schools....

Both books are in actual book form..trying to keep our brick and mortar stores open!  I do own a nook and I will be reading on that too....in fact the book recommended by someone is on the nook...

I'm excited about this....I have very eclectic reading tastes, so it'll be fun to keep track...


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm an avid reader, too, especially when I find a book that really grabs me! Do you track your books on Goodreads? If so, let's be friends!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I am...I've been on it for awhile, but haven't been consistent....that is one of my goals this year...I'm Gracey