Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Stitch Along Wednesday - Week 13

Good morning!  Weather news....because I know you are all on the edge of your seats...when will spring come to the Northeast of the US?  Well not yesterday!  At 3:00, I walked the kids out to buses without a coat....at 5:30 it was spitting freezing rain from the sky....and it was bitterly cold....It is suppose to get up to the 50's at some point this week....

And I have my second sinus/ear infection of the year....and the antibiotic is not settling right....ugh!  Luckily I have a workshop today, so I can just sit and be quietly miserable...

Reading:  I finished the third book in The Lunar Chronicles....am absolutely loving this series!  A prequel was released in January, so I'll probably download that this week...the next book is due in November....I am taking a break right now....as I read almost all weekend....

Knitting: Socks, socks and more socks...I am thisclose to finishing two, not a pair, just two...and if I'd done that, instead of reading this weekend, they would be done...going to take them today to the workshop...

Crochet:  Haven't been doing much lately, but received the latest kit from FreshStitches, so will probably start that this week...

I'm sure some of you read the Yarn Harlot....and she recently wrote about having her credit card blocked while she was at a show....some thing happened to me!  I got up early one morning (4:30) and decided to order some yarn off etsy....at 5:30....fraudulent department of bank calls...I had to okay the charges...this morning I was up at 1:30 because of the anitbiotic and again ordered some yarn...let's hope my card is still good!

Has this happened to you?

No pictures, as it's early and I don't feel like it...and they are the same socks....so let's get to the link-up, shall we....Please link back and have a wonderful week!


5 comments:

Vivianne said...

I thought it was week 13 today - either you're doing a great April Fool's or I've miscounted ...or both ! :D

nothingbutknit2 said...

I've had my credit card rejected on the last stop of a 4 day yarn crawl. I'd bought yarn at 15 stores and at the 16th I had to call my credit card company and explain that yes, I am buying yarn at 16 different stores this weekend because it is a yarn crawl. I don't think they fully understood what a yarn crawl was but they did let me make my final purchase:)

Renee Anne said...

It doesn't happen when I buy yarn but if I go to Ikea and spend more than $50, my card is blocked...and then I get a call from the fraud department and there's no service in Ikea so I can't hear them and then, right on cue, Stormageddon will start screaming as loudly as he possibly can.

I hate going to Ikea sometimes.

They seem to know I buy yarn, though.

Also, they didn't bat an eyelash when I dropped $715 on my new phone or the $900 on my laptop. ::sigh::

Babajeza said...

I have been so busy or maybe I'm just soooo tired .... Happy Easter! Regula

Paula said...

I've gotten email messages requiring me to okay cc purchases. It's usually when I'm doing it in the middle of the night.