Sunday, February 1, 2015

Year of Projects - Week 5

So another weekend...another snowstorm...we are expecting 8-14 inches starting today and snowing all day Monday...I am expecting another snow day...that'll be two we need to make up...that's enough...

This is our front yard right now (I just took it at 6:45 AM)
So another foot on top of that....and it's been cold too...brrrr.......

I'll be staying indoors...and playing indoor games....knitting, crocheting, blogging...and oh yeah maybe some grading, as we got an extension on grades because of last week's snow storm....I do have to run out at some point and gas up my car....but it's not an emergency...but I do have to turn it around in the garage or I'll never get out of the driveway on Tuesday....

But onto the knitting...and crocheting....

2015 Completed Projects:
White mittens - 1/10/15
Quick Crochet Cowl - 1/12/15
Stripes Cowl - 1/22/15
Frosty, the Snowman - 1/24/15
Head Wrap - 1/24/15

So nothing new is finished.....same ole, same ole....actually I did no crafting from Tuesday through Friday, as I had injured my wrist...it's better now...but somehow I injured the deltoid and bicep muscles on my left arm...just very painful...I don't remember doing anything to them...but I can hardly move my arm right now without shooting pain, almost to the point of crying pain...so going to rest it...and I have some pain meds left over from my kidney stones...take them and some anit-inflammatories...and hopefully it'll heal....but I can still knit and crochet with it....

Mostly, when I could, I worked on my Hawk Baktus to try and finish it for today....not happening...but I'll continue to work on it...I also did add a bit to my Zuzu's Petals....but that is about it....

Okay took a pain pill and need to go lay down now, as it seems to be knocking me out...I'll read everyone's update later....

WIPS: Crochet:
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.

Orange cotton wrap (started ?)
Tis the Season (11/10/13)
Tabard Tunic (NW Diss 2/1/14)

 Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done
Light in Shadows (1/14/14)
Garter Path (6/1/14) 

Turtleneck Capelet #2 (8/12/14)  
Willow Fields (9/6/14)  
Shark in the Woods (11/27/14)
Olivia Owl (12/14/14)
Hawk Baktus  (1/19?15)

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Faces in Wallpaper (Sept 2013)
Adele Socks (April 2013)
H's Everyday Socks (Jan 2013)  
Johnny's Socks (Jan 2013)





Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
 

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in

 

KAL/CAL:

Fire and Blood (5/4/14)

Outlander MKAL (8/8/14) 

Zuzu's Petals (1/1/15)

Downton Abbey (1/4/15)
Stepping Stones (1/1/15)

Far Side of the Moon (1/16/15)


 Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt 



Projects in Mind - I have the pattern and the yarn  - this list is remaining about the same...I could add a ton to it...but I'm not going to at the moment...I think when I move one of these projects to the WIP category, I will add another project to this list...I like seeing it all laid out..and it is not overwhelming to me..because it's my list and I can follow it or not!



Gifts/Charity: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for friend's babies (ongoing)

Hats for students (ongoing)
Kimberly Skye's tunic
garter for Caitlin
Two Elsa doll/blanket things

Sweaters:
Test Pattern Sweater
Car Coat
Cowl Vest
 
Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Rockefeller
Wholehearted
West End Scarf 
Gathering Leaves
Alhambra
Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 
Firefly Scarf 
Fraxinus 
Danube Cowl
Simple City
Fire and Ice
Multnomah
Leylines 
Holden Shawlette
Daybreak
Trellis Shawl
Bedford Springs Shawl   
 
Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron
Nehalm Hat
Felicity
Stellar
Cabled Headband
Fetching  
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set
Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts
Evergreen Gloves
Sheepy Cuffs
Twisted Rib Mitts and Hat
 
Socks:
Memento Mori
Rubus
Siren Socks

Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame
Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars
Twin peaks
 
Bags:
Sarape Shopper
Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colours in the Hawk Baktus, I hope your arm heals up soon it really doesn't sound like fun and I think two snow days is enough to have to make up for :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Looks to me like you may have strained something while shovelling all that snow! If it doesn't get better quickly, then maybe consider some physical therapy. it's been doing wonders for Gavin's shoulder impingement!

It's pretty cold here too, so it looks like perfect knitting weather to me! We're expecting another 5-10 cm of the white stuff today. I'm about ready for spring!!

Renee Anne said...

Oh snow. Sometimes, I wish we'd get a snowstorm that blows through here, drops an inch, and then said inch melts before the end of the day...but there's all of one plow in all of San Francisco (it was bought by mistake, apparently). It just doesn't snow here, ever...which is probably a good thing as some of those hills in the city are evil. Lombard Street (the famous one that winds down) is at least a 45° angle going up, if not more severe than that. And a lot of streets are like that. Ick.

Unknown said...

We have non-stop rain, which I guess is better than snow, but I really don't mind the snow. Hope you feel better. Hubster is down with a bad cold and I just pray Diva Girl and I don't end up with it.

Lucy Bowen said...

Your Baktus is lovely, gorgeous colours. Hope your arm heals quickly.

Charne said...

I hope those muscles soon calm down and 'behave themselves' again!

Iris said...

Hope your arm heals up quickly - perhaps a day or two of rest will improve things.

Baktus is looking great!

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I hope your arm gets better. We have been snow bombed here too - it has been cold, but today we are at freezing point, which feels lovely!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, I hope your arm gets better! Thank goodness you can still knit, crochet and grade papers. LOL!
Maybe you injured it shoveling all that snow?
Good luck to you this week and I hope you heal up!