Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Love Your Library - Vol 6

So I was going along nicely on my second sock, got past the heel (which took me forever on the first sock, about an hour or so on the second) past the gussets and onto the instep...then I compared socks...
Can you spot the difference?  I continued with the leg pattern on the second sock, when I was suppose to switch to the instep pattern...gah!  As it was 9:00 at night, I wasn't going to try and fix it...so I figured out what I needed to fix and marked it...I need to drop 11 stitches...it'll be a PITA, but better than re-knitting all the rows....

So what to do?  Start another sock from the same book....So introducing Irish Tea...
It's Cat Bordhi's Darjeeling in "Luck of the Irish"...

I know it's another green sock...don't judge...it's a different green...and seriously about 70% of my stash is varies shades of green...and probably 60% of my wardrobe....I like green and it looks good on me!

Stepping Stones is a top-down sock with a thicker yarn...Darjeeling is a toe-up sock with sock or fingering weight yarn.....



4 comments:

Paula said...

I hate it when I do stuff like that. Yay for starting another sock instead of sulking over the fix. Green rules.

Unknown said...

I love green too. But only about 40% of my closet is green, and even though I would say 100% of my yarn is, actually only about 30% is green. But also, 40% of my wall color is green!! Like the shade of the flowers on your blog wallpaper.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Me too, for loving green. Both of those greens are lovely.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I did the same thing with my zigzagular sock I just finished. I was so fed up with the things!