Friday, December 5, 2014

A Clean Out of the Stash

was in order....and I did....and then promptly went and bought more yarn...but the yarn I bought is all for Christmas gifts...and I lucked out, as they were on sale...and they are bulky, so will be quick projects...

But I also made stuff with two skeins I found...first up was my "Holiday 2013" skein of art yarn from The Crafty Scientist...I bought this over the summer on a stop at Madison Wool....I just loved it..so it became another chain cowl....excuse the Betty photos (and the dirty floor)...I am sick again and was in my pajamas and didn't want to get dressed...

The yarn is made of "soft merino and hand dyed mohair locks, tulle and was plied with mohair"  It'll be fun to wear...and I'll get better photos then...

So I did mention I am still sick, went to the doctor on Wednesday...my third bout of sinus/ear infections this fall...see I'm allergic to dust mites...fall happens, buildings start getting closed up...I live with wall to wall carpeting...and I'm not a routine house cleaner-upper (hence the dirty floor).....so my allergies turn into sinus infections, which turn into ear infections....since I was a kid, I've always gotten sick in the fall...I didn't get allergy tested until I was an adult....you know what my chores were?  vacuuming and dusting...yep...doctor said Mom was trying to kill me...this time though I also took the time off from work, as I have no voice...can't really teach without a voice...it's gone..all the coughing...which is triggered by talking...which, well, I do a lot of in the course of the day..so taking a couple of sick days...

So on Thursday I finished up my fingerless mitts.

I'm going to wear these A LOT!  Again yarn comes from an LYS..dyed by the owner.  It is 100% Columbia Wool..bought from Yarnia in Woonsocket, RI.

I also picked up my second H's Everyday Sock...and pulled out a few other things I'm thinking about...

What did you finish this week?  Joining up at 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor dear. I can't take harsh cleaners so Hubster has to clean the bathrooms. Headache, breathing problems all start when I get a whiff of cleaners.

WonderWhyGal said...

Oh, I sure hope you get feeling better soon. Those mitts are super sassy. I would be wearing them a lot too.

That yarn is GORGEOUS! I love adding locks to my handspun. Beautiful work.

Now rest up so you feel better.