Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WIPing Wednesday and What I'm Reading

What I'm Reading:  Horns by Joe Hill.  Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King and has published a short story book and three novels.  This one is his second novel.   My husband has read them all and really likes his books.  I was skimming through our nook library and decided to try it.  Plus I'd seen a still of Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) from the movie being filmed now....I'm enjoying it....still not sure where it is going, but I want to keep reading it...

This week I am working on trying to finish some wips....I finished my Zelda cloche, I'm calling Orchid....that will be posted on Friday.

I'm still working on my Rainbow Wings, and can't wait till its done...I want to use it....I really love it...I'm on the 8th wedge now, which is usually the last one, but since I added a second skein...I may add one or two more wedges...

I'm also working on my Lanesplitter, my skirt for Rhinebeck...its at the 50% mark right now.....the yarn is rough on the fingers, so I have to work on it in smaller batches....but I'm loving the colors! I just added the next two skeins.....

I'm gonna take a look at my other wips, to see what else I can finish...think I can get a sock or two finished, too....I have so many pairs begun.....

Joining in with Ginny this week

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to create my own clothing like this!

Donna said...

What awesome colors in BOTH your projects! I haven't even thought about what I'm going to knit for Rhinebeck yet. Guess I should start thinking about that soon.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

I had never heard of Stephen King's son! I will keep an eye out for him. The rainbow is beautiful, I would love to try something like that!

Michelle said...

Interesting, is Stephen King's son less...um...verbose than his father?

So jealous of all these Rhinebeck posts this week. Stupid UK, why can't you be closer to New York!