Monday, May 12, 2014

5thAnnual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week


 I wasn't sure if I'd take part this year,  but I decided I'd do as many days as I could.


Day One (Monday 12th May): A Day In The Life.
Describe a day in the life of a project that you have made, or are in the process of making.

On Saturday I picked up a WIP..it was going to originally be for a SWAP, but my swap partner dropped out....Then I realized my friend Deidre would love it, as she loves cowls....and this would be the first knit one...the rest I have made her, have been crochet....also her birthday was coming up...

So I picked it up and I still had three complete repeats (18 rows) to do....it may not seem like much to a knitter who has been doing this awhile, but I am as s.l.o.w. as molasses when I knit.  I frequently lose my place and have to have the pattern right near me.....

So I got through another repeat yesterday, so had 2 more this morning....

The project and I went out to the porch swing about 7:00 am...




Talked to a neighbor for awhile....knitted awhile...and then the wind picked up..and the project was being blown all over..so we came back in...and settled in our usual spot...



 Finally, it was done...a new bind-off was used...the grandmother's bind-off....and then it went for a soak...





And a dry in the sun...


As it was still somewhat wet, about 8:30pm, it got a blow dry.....

and ta-dah!




and it is all wrapped up and ready for tomorrow (Monday)...


1 comment:

Quazar said...

Very pretty and bright colors!