Friday, January 24, 2014

Cowls Anyone?

So it's been a cowl couple of days...I've made two in two days...both for me!  First up I finally made my Katniss cowl...I chose a dark grey color, as I already have the vest made in the "wheaty" color...It took about 2.5 hours to complete...It's big and squooshy.....
I took a **serious** picture..as you can see out the window, it was dusk...this is in my garage and it was 16 F out.....so yeah I have my big ole coat on...Brrrrrrrrrrrr.......I know it's kinda dark...sorry....the yarn is Lion Brand Thick and Quick...and I want to make lots of projects with big bulky squooshy yarn!

Secondly, Friday is Twin day at school...so the second grade teachers are wearing jeans, black shirts and green scarves/cowls....yeah I have a green scarf, but decided to make another squooshy cowl....It took about 3 hours for this one...the yarn is thinner than the other and a bit more fiddly...Bernat Harmony..
Okay, it's 10 o'clock at night...so sorry again for the crap picture.....we'll see how this cowl fares tomorrow...I'll keep you posted....

And finally I got a picture of my Chicago mitts....I made these with leftover Cascade Yarns Superwash that my nephew picked out in Chicago at Loopy Yarns....so they are my souvenir mitts.  I made a hat for him....

Link Up:  Natural Suburbia; Tami's Amis and noone else is linked yet.....

5 comments:

Kate said...

Great finishes. Stay warm :-)

Alyssa said...

I also take blog photos at 10 at night!

Unknown said...

It's tough to get some good light for pictures during winter.. But those cowls look very comfy and a lovely quick crochet if you took 2,5 - 3hours to finish them! What size hook did you use?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cold! Those cowls will come in handy. The squishy yarn sounds wonderful. I've not been doing anything other than doilies and dishcloths. Best wishes, Tammy

Babajeza said...

I like the picuters! :-) Stay warm! Regula