Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nerd Wars At Rhinebeck!!!!!


So on Saturday we had a Nerd Wars meetup, during and after the Ravelry meetup.....it was a TON of fun!  So many Nerds together in one place to celebrate our nerderies, craft and each other....

Many Nerd Warriors had been to Rhinebeck, but this year, the founder of Nerd Wars, the great Elise, was coming for the first time....she lives in Maine...some of us have met her (I consider myself lucky because I had traveled to Maine and met her) and some of were overwhelmed with meeting her...

Lots of hugs were given (she gives amazing solid hugs!  Love it!)



We took some pictures together...sadly some people missed the pictures....



We talked and admired projects...Elsie had brought Arthur Dent...Shedubba made him in T2..and created an accessory for him to carry that represented each team...She also brought the Moss that I had made for her...But what we all oohed and aahed about was the nerd Wars scarf...



Which I think was done in T4....that last one is our team's Stargate square

It was great nerdy fun...and I have to say the best part of the weekend for me.....






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to look up the group. Thought I might enjoy it. Then I didn't understand any of the references. I'm guessing I'm not as much of a nerd as I thought.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Oh I'm sure there is a group you can fit into....I don't get all the references either...especially the video games ones...I know nothing about My Little Pony or the Terry Pratchett books....but it is so much fun!!!!!

Paula said...

Wow, not only did you get to meet a bunch of Nerd Warriors, you got to see Arthur Dent in person! That was possibly the coolest nerdy needlework I've ever encountered.

Quazar said...

One of these years I'm going to make it out to Rhinebeck.