Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2 - Are You Ready to Rock?

Day 2 saw us spending the majority of the day at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum in Cleveland (Cleveland Rocks!!!!  Drew Carey!!!)

I really hadn't a desire to see it, but I'm glad we went.....

It was about 4 stories high...there was a special exhibit on The Rolling STones and that was at the top.  I didn't take too many pictures...there were A LOT of guitars!!!! 

I thought the coolest thing was seeing the writing of the artists on pads and scraps of paper as they worked out the lyrics or melodies of songs...

The Beatles exhibit....
One of John Lennon's guitars, with drawings of the Fab Four...
How you entered The Rolling Stones exhibit.....

The inside of the museum.....

When we finished, we headed to Melt...a grilled cheese bar and grille.....
There were lots of choices...
I had the BBQ chicken and the nephew had the BBQ Pig Burger...they were HUGE and we took 1/2 of it with us....

Ohio - lots of farms!  Lots of state troopers on the highway....

We are in Indiana tonight...and this is my first time in Indiana...tomorrow Notre Dame, then we are heading to Chicago..

2 comments:

Handmade by Stefanie said...

No way, you're coming to Chicago?! Let me know if you need any advice on where to go - I'm stefaniegrrr on Ravelry!

Safe travels!

Renee Anne said...

We once stayed in South Bend, IN when we were on our way back from seeing Husband's brother and his family. We did go to Notre Dame for a visit, too :) Lovely campus.

And we've stayed in Cleveland...during the same trip :)