Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 14 - Off to see the WIZARD!!

We are stopped for the night in Missouri, tomorrow we will be heading to the Arch and then onto Illinois and Indiana....

Today, we saw the Wizard....those of you who are long time readers of my blog, know that The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time...and, of course, Dorothy was from Kansas...

Before we ventured to see the Wizard, I had a meetup with a blog friend and Raveler...SuddenExpression and her daughter A....

I don't know what's up with my smiles today..they were not working well...anyway, Laura brought me some yarn she had spun!  Yeah, Yarn!!!!! And handspun from a friend...so special yarn!!  I think it calls for a nice chunky cowl..I love the colors!
Woo-hee!!!! 

Then it was off to see the Wizard....The museum is in Wamego, KS..a very small town..it is mainly the collection of one private collector...it was a lot of fun to see some of the things...the nephew, well, the movie scared him, so he wasn't really thrilled....but I could not, not stop!!!!

I'm just going to post some of the pictures....

I got to sit in the Wizard's Chair!
A few of the actors who played the Munchkins had their hands and feet in cement.
They have two of the monkeys used for visual effects...very cool!

I have many more pictures, but I don't want to bore you!

It was well worth the trip....about 15 minutes off of I70 and only $6 with AAA membership!  So if you are traveling through Eastern Kansas....

Unfortunately, the Wicked Stitch, the local yarn shop was closed today....but I went to one in Lawrence, KS....that post will be upcoming....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you got to experience the KS heat and wind! Actually. Feel a bit bad for you but glad we finally got to meet! I've yet to get out to the museum. Thought I'd wait till Miss A can enjoy it.