Monday, June 24, 2013

Cold Sheeping - Raise your hand if you thought that would last!

I did decide to cold sheep it during the month of June....well except for my yarn clubs (I belong to 4 at the moment)  I did not plan on purchasing any yarn this month....then on the last day of school I saw an ad....for these...
And I showed the Hubs and he even said I HAD to get them!!!  The whole kit was reasonably priced and arrived today...
It came with the yarn and pattern (your choice of PDF or hard copy), the beads and a watermelon stitchmarker....How awesome is that!!!!!!!  It is by The Knitter's Brewing Company and they have some great sock kits....

Also in the mail today was my last month of the Mad Geek Dr. Who club by Mad Color....in the third month we also get a box bag by Jessalu....I absolutely LOVE the colors this month!

The colorway is The Fall of the Eleventh....The Gallifrey on the bag reads "Hello Sweetie" and is exclusive to the club...she will have this print in her shop, but the Gallifrey writing will be different.  The next round is a Firefly round...and I've already rejoined....although I have so much of Heather's yarn now...I may need to take a break at some point...

Also this past week, I received from two of my other clubs....

Knit and Fiber Creation The Walking Dead....This is Zombie Milton Walking....

and all the way from Sweden I received my Hunger Games club
It's pretty, but a bit pastely for my tastes...It is The 75th Arena inspired....but I will say that the keychain is all sorts of AWESOME!!!!

As I plan on visiting several yarn shops on my trip...I knew I wasn't going to buy yarn this month...but look at me, still managed to get some!








6 comments:

bekswhoknits said...

I have been thinking about those watermelon socks for so long now!

They look wonderful.

Jenny said...

He he, I'm also in both Mad Color Fiber Art's club and in the one from Friday Studios. But I had to order the watermelon yarn kit as soon as I saw it! Love it!

Chief Executive Babe said...

So glad you are enjoying your Watermelon Slice Sock Kit! Have fun with your summer knitting :-)

Wendy - Knitters Brewing

WonderWhyGal said...

I was totally eyeing those watermelon socks when I saw the ad too. I love the Walking Dead yarns. I've seen a few other people post theirs.

I really should join yarn clubs...

Elisabeth Andrée said...

Such yummy yarn, very pretty colours!

Paula said...

I did that Watermelon Sock kit back in March. Wendy comes up with some great patterns and kits. I nearly always give in to the temptation when I see them.