Sunday, April 21, 2013

YOP: Week 16

Having two days off last week was not enough...it has been an extremely stressful year for me...several teachers have stopped me and told me they don't know how I do it...the makeup of the classroom is just very, very tough this year and I am exhausted every day....this week I have the last of our training on Tuesday....I still have a personal day left to take this year.....and there are 42 days left...
But on to the crafting....I have spent time on several different items...
Number 1 is my Green Spring cardigan, as it is my dissertation for Nerd Wars, I have 7 days to complete it.  Today I need to wind the yarn for the buttonband....the main body of the sweater is complete...just need the buttonband, the edging and the surface crochet to finish it...

I also started on the heel flap of the H's Everyday socks...

I pulled my Plum Pudding Round Ripple out of hibernation last week and have completed about 6 more rounds...it's almost big enough to call it quits....

I also worked on this cotton orange wrap thing that I have no idea when I started it.....and I only have two balls of the yarn, so it'll be quick to finish..I made it to wear over tank tops in the summer...

I also purchased some yarn and several new patterns this past week....and I have been itching to start something new....but having pulled out all of the projects that I could find yesterday...I have plenty to keep me busy right now....but I really want a yellow beret...(not a raspberry one!)

YTD Completed:
Crown for Natalie: 1/5/2013
Sparkie the Monster: 1/21/2013
Casseiopia Shawl:  2/9/13
Crikey Cowl: 2/10/13
Feet Blankets: 2/12/13 
Eros the Owl: 2/16/13
Ladder Up: 2/20/13
Chocolate Peep: 2/26/13
Czech Republic flag: 2/27/13
So Cazh Socks: 3/9/13
Deep Blue Seas 3/23/13
Spock bear  3/23/13
Stargate Keychain 3/24/13
Noodle Baby Hat 3/24/13
Bunnies, It Must Be Bunnies 3/30/13

Beaded Camo Sock 4/7/13 (technically done, but need some fixing)

WIPS:
Crochet:
Plum Pudding Round Ripple (started 2007?)
Mission Falls Poncho: (Started 2006)
Round Ripple: (Started 2006 (?) Aiden)
Aran Blanket: (Started 2009): two panels done
Around the World Afghan: (April 2010): about ¼ done
Betty Shrug: I don’t know how long I’ve been working on this, but it only has an arm and a border to go.
Sunrise Sunset Afghan: this has been hibernating awhile, 6 squares done.
Green Spring:  Dissertation for T7 (February 2013)
The Trellis Shawl (February 2013) - frogged 3/9/13
Orange wrap (started ?)

Knit:
Learn to Knit Afghan: (started 2010): 3 squares done

Socks:
Kai-Mei: (April 2012)
Hermione's Everyday Socks (January 2013)
A Heart Full of Love: Johnny's Socks (January 2013)
Adele socks: (April 2012)


Scarves/Shawls:
Splashy Flowers: (May 2011)
Larry Stashbuster Scarf (2012)
Breath of Fresh Air Scarf: (April 2011)
Creekbed: (Feb 2012) - frogged

Bags:
Beach Bag: (started May 2010)  Just needs lining sewn in
Really Big Bag (2011): Stashbuster


Charity: 
Hats:

Misc:
Sunflower: (August 2012) Need a back and to felt


Gifts: 
Owl for Rose
Hats for Beckett

2 Stargate keychains 1 pair Stargate earrings

WIMs: Projects I have the yarn and the pattern
Sweaters:


Baroque Tabard Tunic
Test Pattern Sweater

Car Coat
Cowl Vest


Shawls/Scarves/Cowls 
Bedford Springs Shawl
Rockefeller
Wholehearted

The Age of Brass and Steam
West End Scarf 

Gathering Leaves
Alhambra

Petal Edge Scarf
Filippi Scarf 

Firefly Scarf
Fraxinus Danube Cowl
Simple City

Fire and Ice
Multnomah   Leylines 
Holden Shawlette


Hats and Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron

Nehalm Hat
Felicity

Stellar
Cabled Headband

Fetching
Cayunga Hat and Mitts set Preposterous
Ruffled hat and mitts

Evergreen Gloves

Socks:

Memento Mori
Rubus

Siren Socks
Hey, Have I Ever Steered You Wrong?

Savory Lace Socks
Autumn Flame

Firebird
Rescue Me, Chin Boy and Show Me the Stars

Bags:
Sarape Shopper

Pleated Purse
Circular Felted Bag 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some down time soon form you job, sounds like you need crafting time to unwind.
Love the sweater, the shade of green is just gorgeous and well done on the Hermione sock, mine is set to be done when the stormy sky sock is finished. I need to stop getting distracted. A yellow beret sounds so lovely and sunny, I've a hankering for a blue one but really must not get distracted again this week !

Unknown said...

Have I told you how much I love that green color? Yup, I have, every week! Take a deep breath and find someplace calm to recharge for the last 42 days.
Getting like this can affect your health..don't forget to eat properly, If you can tolerate wine..perhaps a glass..

Unknown said...

Love the green!