Monday, March 18, 2013

North Shore Yarn Crawl 2013

We spent the weekend in Gloucester, Mass...and there will be LOTS of pictures in the next couple of posts...there are a couple of reasons we went to Gloucester this weekend...

1.  I went in 2011 (for TNSYC) and decided I wanted to go back with the Hubs...
2.  It was the Hubs birthday weekend
3.  It was the North Shore Yarn Crawl weekend...

Yup, I celebrated the Hubs birthday with a yarny event....he doesn't mind....

So I was only planning on going to one yarn store...and I stuck to that plan...since I am working on my Green Spring
(A bit more has been added since this picture), I needed to get one more contrast color...The colors I had were too dark, I want it to be more "springy"  I knew Mad Color would be at Coveted Yarn this weekend, so I could get the new color.  I am making the sweater out of her Verity yarn, a nice springy superwash.

I did meet up with Mad Color and Amy from my Nerd Wars Stargate team...excuse the blurry picture...Amy was reaching for more yarn...




So what did I get?  Well I went in for one skein, maybe two....and.....
I guess I was in a blue/green phase....


From the left: Flat Rocks Yarn, unnamed colorway, local to Gloucester
Mad Color: Looking Up (it's more tonal and teal than the picture shows); Indigo-go.  These are both on Verity, not sure which one I'll use yet.  Police Box Blue on Slink
Lorna's Laces: Black Watch Plaid and Beverly (Beverly is my Grandmother's name...lots of reminders of her this weekend)
Lamb's Pride Bulky: three shades of green for a circular felted bag..got the free pattern too..



So not too bad.....the weekend was a blast, but brrrrrrr..cold!!!





2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yummy yarns!

Babajeza said...

Green is definitely a beautiful color. most