Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So About That Yarn I Mentioned?

During our day of historical immersion, we took a side trip to visit the yarn....I'll post about the shop later.

We went to Wild and Woolly Studio in Lexington.  And I decided to adopt some yarn to take home.  Yeah, I know...no surprise there....

Rowan Colourspun...I absolutely ADORE this yarn!  I made a hat of it in the fall.  These four beauties are going to be a striped cowl.....the lady on the shop showed me a picture of a cowl she wanted to make and I decided I needed one too, but mine will be crocheted...

My friend Deidre, whom I adore and love, and who loves everything I make her, had a cowl I made her for her birthday last year....
Here she is wearing it in Ireland.
Well her husband washed it...and she has asked me several times if there is anything she can do.....so when I saw the same yarn, different color, on sale, well what is there to be done?

And, of course, I need one too......

Then...I fondled some of my favorite yarn, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, and the Forest colorway came home with me....


Then on my way on Sunday, I stopped at The Woolpack in Acton...and this pretty decided it needed a new home...

It feels absolutely luscious!  Merino, cashmere and silk....so soft!!





No comments: