Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stash Sunday

DSC02607 (2)
New Nerd Girls Random Fandom..”What, Do You Think Poisoned Apples Grow on Trees?” from Enchanted….I wasn’t in love with it when I opened it, but I’ve realized it looks like the Black Watch plaid colors and would make excellent socks….so socks it is!

I was very restrained at The Connecticut Sheep and Wool, as I really do have a lot of yarn….so what did I purchase?

DSC02561

Blackbird by Ball and Skein on Weatherfield which is 100% Merino.  I realize now I also have this color on Elise which is a silk/merino mix.

DSC02560

Some Dirty Water Dyeworks Potluck.  She usually has a crate out with 1-offs and I picked this one up…It’s Merino and bamboo.

DSC02562

Pure alpaca from a favorite farm, Hunter Hill Alpacas.  Their farm is in my town and I’ve visited a couple of times…This pretty green and purple was made with fiber from Fiber Optic and Goldy…

DSC02563

Also from Dirty Water Dyeworks….This is 100% BFL and I’m going to pair it

DSC02572

Miss Babs’ Yummy 2 ply in Ice Core Sample for the Wholehearted Shawl.  I couldn’t decide if I wanted a big contrast or not…but as I bought the Three Irish Girls West End Scarf with the contrasting yarn at Vogue Live, I decided to go with more complimentary colors….
One of those will be my dissertation next round….since I never got very far on my Stephen West Creekbed, we’ll see how this goes!

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

ooh pretty yarns, i especially like the ones you've chosen for the shawl - really gorgeous. have a great day xxx

buttons and beeswax said...

ooh, lurvely! The blackbird one is my favourite, it looks really soft and squishy!

ewenique said...

I'm guessing you were in a muddy hues phase. Oooh, I lurve Fiber Optic!