Friday, April 20, 2012

Third Pair of Socks

Am I a sock knitter now?  They still aren’t perfect as the foot is a tad short on one and both, the feet are too wide.  I was just reading The Yarn Harlot’s Knitting Rules about socks and I think I will know how to make the feet narrower next time.  Although I’m going to see if going down a needle size, as I am with the Kai-Mei,  will help….

So without further ado…ta-da!!!!!!!! My Shifting Sands socks……

DSC02433

DSC02438

DSC02436

The pattern is Sifting Sands by Diana Vance.

The yarn is Nerd Girl Yarns Dingo in “You Call This Archeology?” A random fandom color.

I did cables for the first time!!!!!!

Hooking up with…..

Creative Friday

FOfriday

FiberFridayButton

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your socks look awesome. Welldone with the cables, they look great!

x

Elisabeth Andree said...

Your socks are looking fine to me! Love the color and the cables. Good job!

geeky Heather said...

I think as long as you have knit (or are knitting) at least one sock, and have the desire to knit more, you're a sock knitter! =) Congrats on finishing these...they are lovely. And there are even TWO of them, LOL!

mkonieczki said...

You've probably been bitten by the sock bug. It's known to be rampant and there's no cure. :-D

HannahW said...

Gorgeous socks! I followed you from Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday. Here is post this week: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It took me a couple of cracks at it before I settled into my preferred sock needle size (0) and my preferred number of stitches (70 or so), but practice makes perfect. They are lovely socks!

Jeanny House said...

Pretty socks. Love the colorway.

WonderWhyGal said...

Hooray for these socks and cables. They are sassy! I love that yarn too.

Anonymous said...

You make and share such nice things!! I want to make Kai-mei soon too.

This is one of the many reasons I have nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award!
http://suddenexpression.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/the-versatile-blog-award/

Memo Box said...

Your socks look great. I've yet to try anything other than plain socks.