Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday FO’s!

I finished it last night! Finally!  It seemed like it was the never-ending ball of yarn!

DSC01352

DSC01359 I think I like it as a hood.  There is too much drape as a cowl..

DSC01364 It is so soft, but not sure about warmth…so we’ll see how much use it gets.  But I love the color and can wear it with just about anything…

Also last night I finished a hat for a former student.  Last year I had the crazy idea to make hats for my students…I had 52…I made 6 (I think) and noone was wearing them, so I stopped making them.  But I had one student who really wanted one.  I had started it, but never finished it…so here is H’s hat.

DSC01365

As always check out the other FO/Fiber Friday links…

Tami’s Amis, Wisdom Begins in Wonder, and Natural Suburbia

7 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Wow! Hand-made hats for 52 students? That's quite a goal.

The drape of your cowl is very pretty.

Melissa Plank said...

I like it as a hood too, it's so nice and convenient, like a cozy scarf without having to fuss with the scarf ends.

pinkundine said...

The cowl/hood looks gorgeous. I hope it turns out to be really warm - it looks pretty snuggly!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Wow to the very concept of 52 hats!

AllyB said...

52 students?! Holy Moley. Nice knits!

WonderWhyGal said...

I love the cowl and the hat. Very ambitious to even think about knitting 52 hats in one year. Hopefully this student will wear and love the hat you made.

Andria said...

Oh I like the cowl a lot, and I love things that are versatile. The hat is cute!