Friday, December 31, 2010

Surprise!

So after all that yesterday, I woke up this morning and did this:
It is addictive and I have spent most of today working on it. I did drop a stitch and I know it involves a crochet hook, so I did the best I could....

I am following the pattern that I bought from Holiday Yarns The "learn to Knit" Sock kit. I've also been using Knit Simple's Knitting Workshops It has the best pictures in it!

Last night I also worked on this:
I did not make this. It is a very old Irish sweater that belongs to my friend, Deidre. It is one of her dad's. I think he was born here, but his parents are from Ireland, or he was born in Ireland and raised here. Either way, they are very Irish and proudly celebrate their heritage.

The sweater had many, many holes in it. I've had it for awhile, trying to find a yarn to match it. I told her that it was knit, and I couldn't repair it that way. She asked me to do the best that I could. I realized I had some old Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair. I bought it from a yarn shop that was closing a couple years ago. It was almost a perfect match. So I sewed up some of the holes. I added a single crochet border to the ends, as they were starting to fray. I fixed both the sleeves that had huge holes in them. One I just had to fix as best as I could, the other looks pretty good.

You can see the patch, but I think it's pretty good, even if crocheted.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! We decided to stay home, as the Hubs is still working and really doesn't want to go anywhere when he gets home. I'm okay with that.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year tammy! your knitting is really beautiful, and i love the color of that yarn. i hope 2011 is wonderful for you and your husband.
xo