Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Finishes

My niece is an enabler, all of 9 years old (or will be in a few months) and when I'm with her, I buy more yarn than I was planning. Of course, with that yarn, I make her things...

She picked this yarn up at the Goshen Fair
Feza Cyprus Mohair. She kept squishing it and playing with it, so I bought it. She wanted a scarf. I said I'd make a keyhole scarf for her. I started it this morning...when it was long enough, I still had some left over, so what to do? Make a hat! The yarn is used for the crown and then I used some black Ella Rae Amity for the rest of the hat. I had enough left for a little flower and viola, a set for Allison...Now I still have the yarn for a ladybug sweater and a purple vest....
A couple weeks ago for my blog swap partner, I also made an owl from Amigurumi World

SuddenExpression aka Laura loved it!


Seems to be a finishing day, as several other bloggers are posting finishes....now to work on my Rhinebeck hat....

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Haha ... love an enabler at 'any age'. And the expression on that little owl is fantastic! :D

Anonymous said...

Um, I think the word love is an understatement! That is the first handknit (or handcrocheted) item I have ever received and has now become one of my prized possessions! The fact that it is an owl just makes it that much better :)

And don't you love enablers!