Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello My Lovelies....

I've had a busy couple of days...On Friday, I spent the day with my "wing-girl" my niece, Allison....

We went yarn shop hunting....We stopped at two....she is a shopper....Most of the yarn I bought was for projects for her (I'll post those later)

I took her back to one of the towns we lived in as kids....We moved around a bit...I went to 4 elementary schools...

Friday we went to Putnam...Putnam has reformed itself as a center for antiques...It is fun to go back and see how things look now...The Hubs and I stayed at a B&B there a couple years ago...

The author of "The Boxcar Children" books lived there. We used to walk by her house and it was rumoured she had an elevator/chair lifty thing and that was a big deal back then...

We visited our old elementary school...which is now an elementary/middle school with many additions....we stopped by the two houses we lived in....It is true that things seemed bigger as children, cuz the town seems so small. I remember walking around it as a kid (and we walked to school) and things just seemed closer together....

And I showed her where our great-grandmother (her great-great grandmother) lived. Grandma Bailey, we liked to visit her because she had a "lollipop box" and when you walked in the door, you got to have a lollipop. I wish I had been able to have the box when she passed away, but noone knows what happened to it...

Then we headed out to Woodstock to visit a British Tea House. We ate lunch. I had a meat pie and she had a tea sandwich. We also had a yummy dessert!!






Oh and I took her to the cemetery that we used to cut through on our walk to school. There was a grave with a big grey ball on the headstone and there was a lighter grey circle on the ball. The circle always seemed to be in a different place on the ball. The story was that the ghost rose at night and moved the ball...why??? (It's the headstone with the sphere in the picture)


It was a lot of fun. I enjoy spending time with my niece and nephews. I have always taken them to places with me and we have lots of memories....

Then yesterday I headed up to Vermont to spend some time with some friends...I'll post later about it...tomorrow, very exciting! I'm going to NYC to meet Lori!!!!

1 comment:

sara said...

I so loved the Boxcar Children when I was young!